Saturday 5 January 2013

2013


First blogpost of 2013..yay!
Firstly, I hope all you reading had a lovely Christmas and New year! I did. 

To begin with, Vlogmas is over. It was such fun to do, I'm happy I finished it, it's great to know I can look back at what I was doing at this point in time. I'm also really relieved it's over. I have so much respect for the people I watch on YouTube who film daily vlogs, it's so tiring and time consuming, just remembering to film followed by the endless hours of importing, editing, exporting, uploading, YouTube doesn't make it very easy to upload let me tell you!

Christmas time in general has been really lovely. I was so happy to go home, Hollie my niece met me at the airport which was lovely, especially considering Emma and I had been delayed at Verona airport on our way. 

It was of course so much fun to catch up with all of my friends at home. The majority of them, I've known since the early days of high school, so over 10 years (wow - that's the first time I've ever thought of it that way! I feel old!) I'm so excited that they might be visiting me here in Italy really soon!! 

Here's a picture of us from our Christmas reunion <3 



Christmas Day was filled with its usual general merriment.  You can see my Christmas Day vlog here: 


I got to spend the day with loved ones and open presents (I was definitely on the 'nice list' this year). Favourite thing about Christmas day - FOOD! (yes, I have lamb..I don't like Turkey!)


In between Christmas and New Year I have my anniversary. Such an inappropriate time of year when it comes to present buying but I very much look forward to the 29th of December each year. My boyfriend and I celebrated our 5th year together this time, which was pretty difficult for us to comprehend...I mean, where has the time gone? Nevertheless we had a great day shopping in Chester, followed by a lovely meal in the evening and a champagne fuelled night. 




New Years eve was a quiet one for us, we spent the night in and got pretty drunk off pale ale - rather random I know. Going out on New Years Eve is so stressful and expensive, triple time taxi's and waiting at an understaffed bar, sticking to the floor all night, personally, I think a night in is always the  safest option. Although when we sat there watching the fireworks, I made a pact with myself (and Charlie) that we must go to London one year to see them in person. 

I have three resolutions this year:
1) to cut out fizzy drinks
2) to use all my make-up/body/hair care products before buying any more (I seriously have 2 x 4 draw sets FULL of them!)
3) to make the most of my experiences and opportunities (not moan so much about spending the year in Italy haha)

Since New Year, other than double my bodyweight, I have been trying to begin revising for my exams. It's Saturday night now, they're on Wednesday and Thursday and I can, hand on heart say, that I've done about half of the revision for one of the exams, and absolutely nothing for the other, so I'm starting to feel the pressure slightly! Although, I'm not worried, I don't get stressed about exams generally, I just hate feeling unprepared in anything. But it is completely my own fault for never learning from my mistakes. 

This is how I've started my New Year...I hope yours has been sincerely more fun! 


Ciao

2 comments:

  1. This just reminded me how much revision I haven't done!But I love the post anyway its so cute!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha tell me about it, I'm still sat here procrastinating now!!
      Thank you for the comment, I'll definitely check out your blog! :)

      Delete