Sunday 11 November 2012

Romeo, Romeo...


Another delayed blog post...I have finally come to the conclusion that one a week just is not possible. 

I'm a year older since my last blog post and apparently a year wiser but I haven't noticed any changes just quite yet. Now the grand age of 22 'Ventidue'. 

I've been thinking about life and all that big scary stuff that comes with those musings. Yes, I am well aware I am being melodramatic and 22 is not old, yet I feel like only yesterday I was turning 18, or 16 even. I remember thinking, when I was that age, about being 22, specifically because I thought that would be a good age to have children 'Not too old and not too young' I thought. Oh how wrong I was. 

Besides from all of that, I had a rather enjoyable Birthday, it was made special by so many people, my friends in Bologna and unexpectedly my friends, family and boyfriend back home. Because of surprise cancellations of a few lectures, I only decided about a week before that I was going to fly home for one week. It meant that I got to spend the actual day of my Birthday at home and I had such a wonderful time shopping in the Trafford Centre, eating my beloved Nando's and getting to see my gorgeous niece again, who gave me the best reception I could ever have wished for. Just general happy times.















Free Lemoncello and tirimisu :D
being embarrassed in Frankie and Bennies!!

Once my Birthday celebrations were over and I returned to Bologna, I was hit with a brick wall of University work. It's so incredibly difficult to get into the mindset of doing academic work when you feel as if you're on a constant holiday. As someone who has always lacked motivation when it comes to deadlines and reading, this does not bode well for my personality type. I still am yet to climb this wall and get to the other side but it's progressing slowly. 

The other exciting thing which has happened since the last blog post was my trip to Verona. As cliché as it may be, Romeo and Juliet is my all time favourite Shakespeare play (and trust me, I've read/spark-noted, a lot) so being able to visit the 'Casa di Giulette' was a little dream of mine come true. Verona itself is quite small, but very beautiful, we went on a perfect autumnal day, we got to see the classic arena, browse the small streets, cross the breathtaking river and of course, stand on the balcony that inspired the 'Romeo, Romeo' scene. 



















I got to do the cheesy padlock and other touristy things..we also ate at this restaurant with the biggest menu's I've ever seen, it was american food too, which was such a nice change from pizza and pasta. 


Anyhow, there really is nothing else to update on, last night our friendship group here in Bologna got together for an indoor picnic and a board game..'Risk'. Tej and I made a great team and I think everyone enjoyed themselves (despite some people taking it too far, Chris I'm looking at you!) 




I have roast potatoes cooking because I literally have nothing else and can't face another day of pasta and ketchup. Must take them out the oven before my pan with plastic handles melts :)

Ciao 

No comments:

Post a Comment