Sunday 18 November 2012

Procrastination

I'm doubting my choice of using the 'procrastination' title so early on as I know there are going to be so many more posts soon where that is the sole reason for them. But yes, I am procrastinating and I need a break from the slow death that is producing a presentation and essay on Mrs. Dalloway.

As always, this week has flown. But I do have some updates (Hoorahh!)

This week, I went on an ESN (Erasmus Student Network) trip and climbed one of the towers in Bologna, whilst it was potentially one of the scariest experiences ever due to the hundreds of crooked narrow wooden steps we had to climb, the view at the top was completely worth it. Unfortunately the light was rapidly decreasing as we got up there so the pictures aren't amazing quality but trust me, the views were breathtaking and it's one of those moments where you think 'Shit, I'm actually here'. The fact that we were greeted on the way down by traditional thick Italian hot chocolate and a chocolate buffet made the backwards climb down 280 steps even more worth it!







You will observe I have talked a lot about chocolate in that last sentence. This is because this week in Bologna has been the infamous 'Chocolate Festival'. Perhaps one of the most incredible things I have ever seen, tent after tent of chocolate, liquid, solid, white, milk, dark, with nuts, fruit, shaped like shoes, tools, on top of strawberries...just chocolate in any way you can imagine. It's free to walk around and considering the quality, it's pretty reasonably priced. I won't even indulge you with how much I have eaten but I'll insert some pictures here so you can see the magical-ness of it (and yes, EVERYTHING is edible chocolate!)









Also this week I have some more exciting news. I have booked flights in December to take a trip to Amsterdam! As some of you know, I have some very special friends (Alex and Sophie) on a year abroad there at the moment and knowing that another one of my wonderful friends (Emma) was visiting them, how could I pass up the opportunity to join! I am beyond excited about this trip for many reasons, for one, I haven't seen all 3 of them for months and miss them LOTS, secondly I love Amsterdam. I have been once before and fell in love with everything there. Thirdly, it will almost be Christmas. This means it will be decorated with sparkling decorations and have that cosy festive feel that I adore so much. 

(Picture, of course stolen from Google Images)

Whilst I'm loving Italy of course, at the moment, I'm wishing I was home a little, my next trip away isn't until 13th December so I have a month with not a lot happening. I'm sick of not having proper meals, I'm missing English food SO much, my friends, boyfriend and niece especially (yeah okay Mum, I guess you too haha - I know you're reading!) I miss all my nail polish, make-up, beauty products and other clothes I have left at home and just that feeling you can't get anywhere else. 
The fact that the work is piling up here, and I have a big, looming presentation around the corner makes me want to run away from it. But I can't run away forever and I guess I have to face it head on and before I know it I will be at home wishing I was back. 

Ciao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment