Tuesday 24 July 2012

Summer Summer Summer...

Ciao, 

Update time! What has been happening in my life even though not a whole lot has progressed on the Bologna front. 

The biggest update I have on my year abroad is that we have booked a hotel near Gatwick airport to stay the night before our flight as it is a morning take off and neither of us live near London. It's a great deal...£24 each for a Premier Inn that runs a service to the airport which takes less than 10 minutes YAY!

Other life updates: My boyfriend and I have booked a holiday too...this may seem extravagant considering I've failed to acquire a summer job, HOWEVER it can be justified. As well as my compensation money, I am also having my house deposit from last september returned, as well as money for the V Festival ticket I have sold, these two together cover the cost of our holiday, so I thought I'd spend it on something nice :) 

Can you believe after almost 5 years together (give or take a few weeks here and there) we have never been on a 'summer holiday' together. We have gone away together, to Amsterdam and other UK locations, but never a hot, sunny destination. This is usually down to either one of us having a full time summer job, not being able to afford it, or going on our own holiday with friends. So FINALLY we have taken the leap. We're going to Tenerife at the end of August/Beginning of September for 1 week. I am VERY excited about going all inclusive too as I never have before and just getting away before having to leave him for a couple of months to go to Bologna *sad face* 


Now I'm just blabbering...But it will be nice to look back and remember what I did this summer!! :) 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment